We've partnered with Infarm to bring you fresh produce. Each modular farming unit at select Safeway stores is a local ecosystem that creates the ideal environment required for fresh greens and herbs to flourish.
- TASTE: Freshness at your fingertips so you can taste the goodness.
- LOCAL: 100% Hyperlocal greens that are handpicked for you.
- SUSTAINABLE: A new way to grow that reduces the environmental effects of food transportation.
Here is a list of the fresh herbs and produce grown in store, with Infarm (please contact store for availability):
Add a distinctive taste to your pastas and curries.
- Bordeaux Basil
- Curly Parsley
- Italian (flat) parsley
- Italian Basil
- Thai Basil
Lettuce & Produce
Provides a flavorful crunch to any salad or sandwich.
A great balance of earthy flavor and striking tones.
Try something new by incorporating distinct tastes.
Product availability may vary by store. For more details about each product, click here
Find Infarm at these locations:
- Safeway Kensington Square
- Safeway Burnaby Heights
- Safeway West Broadway
- Safeway Marpole
- Safeway New Westminster Station
- Safeway McBride
- Safeway Shaughnessy Station
- Safeway Arbutus
- Safeway Robson
- Safeway Seafair
- Safeway Caulfield Village
- Safeway Broadway and Commercial
- Safeway Austin Heights
- Safeway Burquitlam
- Safeway Westview
- Safeway King Edward Mall
- Safeway Davie
- Safeway Downtown Calgary
- Safeway Crowfoot
- Safeway Southcentre
- Safeway Bonnie Doon
At Safeway, we want to do OurPartᵀᴹ for future generations by bringing you sustainable innovation. Infarm is good for you and good for the planet; grown using 95% less water and free of chemical pesticides.
Fresh Herb-Based Recipes that you can make with Infarm
It's no Secret Herbs can elevate meals to fragrant and flavourful new heights. Let us inspire you with these 7 delicious ideas:
- Flavour ice cubes: Herbs like mint, thyme, rosemary and basil are great as tasty freezer staples.
- Add to salads: Typically relegated to garnish territory, parsley, chives, and cilantro can be so much more.
- Dress up desserts: Showcase the best the seasons have to offer with fresh herbs and bold flavours.
- Mix into chilled drinks: Elevate your fruit based cocktails with a touch of rosemary.
- Make an herbal tea: For a simple herbal tea, steep fresh mint leaves in hot water and enjoy.
- Boost marinades: Rosemary and mint pair well with meats like lamb and pork, while dill and fish are a good match.
- Power up pestos: If you've got leftover herbs, cheese ends and nuts, you've got homemade pesto.
Experiment and discover unique pairings to love, or go with these tried-and-true combinations: